Monster Medallion holders are privy to discounted ad space on the Sponsors page. (free for Gold)
Click the medallion to collect from Opensea on Polygon.
What else is on Monster's Mind?
What else is on Monster's Mind?
We have all experienced the predictable stages of grief, so in this awareness, is it possible to circumvent, and if so, should we?
I thought I was making progress, but then I heard my dog snoring. The last thing he did before his soul left his body, was hard snoring because the vet gave him a strong sedative. My son said to me a few hours later,
"I thought I heard Ricky snoring". 😳
Today my daughter told me she thought she heard Ricky snoring yesterday. The last thing I said to Ricky before the sedative took effect was... Stay; stay with Mommy.
You know he was a good boy. Good boys listen to their Mommy. I think my good boy stayed here with me and he is still snoring. All I ever wanted for him was a peaceful sleep and a happy life. I gave him a happy life, and now he's having a peaceful sleep.
People tell me they admire my bravery. It's not bravery;
it's audacity. It takes a lot of audacity to live our truths.
Having the audacity to go after our dreams will get us half way to them. If you have the goods to get you the rest of the way, you will succeed out of sheer determination with a boost from audacity. If you do what you have to do along the way to develop what you need to succeed, you will. We only fail if we don't have the skills, knowledge, or talent when we do actually get that opportunity to realize our goals or dreams. So keep learning, practicing, and searching introspectively because Rumi was telling the truth when he said that which we are seeking is also seeking us. Skills, knowledge, talent, and opportunity aren't enough to get you all the way to the vision of success you hold in your heart and mind; so take some audacity with you. Have the audacity to stand in your desires and truths like you belong there.
There was so much audacity that led up to this photo. It started with seeing a UFC fight on TV, and ended with me giving away my fight gear (from my own fight gear and MMA management company) that I couldn't fit into my suitcase, at the end of the UFC 100 fan expo at Mandalay Bay in Vegas, the same month I had an article in Muay Thai Magazine, and a full page ad in Fight! Magazine. Holy crap the amount of audacity to even set my sights on any of those experiences, or to even believe myself to be worthy of anything like this, pales to the audacity of thinking I was at all capable. If you want something, you have to believe you're worthy of actually having it, then do anything in your power and everything within your capabilities to make it happen. You are worthy, you are qualified, and you are capable. Now go have the audacity to show up like you belong there.
Go to Bed You Silly Degen
Go to Bed You Silly Degen
HOW TO GET A CREATIVE DEGEN TO GO TO BED WHEN THEY ARE SLEEPY
Prior to implementing everything on the list below, I was only sleeping a maximum of 90 minutes at a time, and it was a fitful 90 minutes rather than restful. After changing my sleeping environment, I am now able to sleep a minimum of 6 hours, which is so restful that I don't toss around and I wake up feeling refreshed. The ideas will still be there when you wake up. The new connections will find you. Opportunities will still be available. Go to bed, silly degen. Here's how:
What are all the problems that keep us awake just enough that we are too aware of our mind to sleep? Temperature, fabric, bladder, outside noises, the AC or refrigerator noises, dehydration, light shining from some electronic device or street light shining through a curtain are just a few that I have to contend with, but there are more.
- Chemically speaking, I use L-Theanine, Melatonin, and THC. If I don't have THC, I'll use Borneo super-green Kratom, but I try not to use that often.
- I recommend hydrating early in the day, and topping off about two hours before the time your wife wants you in bed.
- Lay off the sugar as much as possible; make a game out of eating things with less and less sugar. Next, replace your salt with sodium-free celtic salt.
- Temperature controlled sheets keep you warm when you're cold, and cool when you're hot. $50 at your local Walmart; totally worth dealing with the low vibe cashier who hates her job.
- Pick up a weighted blanket on the next isle while you are picking up those temperature controlled sheets. Also worth the trip to walmart and the $50 price tag. This will be one of the most beneficial investments in the quality of your sleep. Don't sleep on this advice. Buy it today. Thank me tomorrow.
- Eye masks are essential to your brain getting the message that it is in fact bed time. Your wife isn't being a meanie, your brain needs sleep. An eye mask keeps every speck of light at bay so your circadian clock knows what time it is; bedtime.
- Sleeping in the nude is the healthiest option, but a lot of us are so deeply traumatized, we feel too vulnerable to be comfortable with falling asleep naked. It triggers a sense of fear of lack of safety. This is not conducive to sleeping, so if you're unable to go nude, keep it light and loose.
- Once you have all these tools in place to give you quality sleep, you are in a prime setting for deliberately meditating as you await sleep's grace. With your eye mask on, tucked in your comfy temp control sheets, snug under your weighted blanket you don't even realize is about to become your new best friend, think "hong" as you inhale through your nose. Don't say, just think, and draw the word out to match the breath; hoooooooooong. Now as you exhale, think "saw", again, only thinking, and drawing it out as you slowly release your breath out of your mouth, saaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Hong in through the nose, and saw out through your mouth ever so slowly. again, and again, until your mind is a blank slate, or until you fall asleep.
- Goodnight, silly degens. xo